Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst (IND)
The Immigration and Naturalization Service has a vacancy in the Services Directorate for the position of Service Designer (FGR: Senior Treatment & Development Employee S11). This concerns a fixed-term employment contract, with the prospect of an indefinite-term employment contract.
Hybrid working is possible in this position. You are expected to be present on location in The Hague at times when this is necessary for the performance of your job or for organizational reasons. This is in consultation with your manager.
Migration is about people. People ask for asylum, want to study here, offer their knowledge here, want to work here, or simply want to become Dutch citizens.
What are you going to do?
Are you the specialist who translates opportunities for improvement in services into better procedures within our government organization? Do you change the customer experience at crucial moments in the customer journey of our applicants? The Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Service Designer to strengthen our team and form the link between the IND and its applicants.
About the role:
As a Service Designer you represent all our applicants, whether they want to build a career in the Netherlands, bring their loved one here, or seek safety from a war-torn country.
As a service designer, you rise above management to map the insights from customer journeys and experiences at all interaction moments. Together with colleagues from different disciplines, you will work to identify critical moments that can dramatically change the experience of our applicants. You are responsible for translating these improvements into new service concepts, prototypes and advising on projects.
What are you going to do?
- You help translate improvement potential from the customer journey into actual adjustments and innovations in the primary process, by co-creating and testing service prototypes.
- You work together with customer researchers, customer journey specialists, and other stakeholders to define improvement potential in the end-to-end customer journeys.
- You work closely with internal teams and external partners, ranging from process-responsible colleagues from all departments within the IND to external organizations such as refugee work, legal professions, municipalities, employers or educational institutions.
- You help the organization deliver consistent positive experiences across different contact moments, by organizing and facilitating workshops.
- You make complex systems and processes understandable by visualizing them through storytelling and conceptual thinking
- You think proactively about projects
- You convince the organization of the importance of customer experience and contribute to change management.
- You are responsible for implementing the new service concept and the IND ambitions regarding customer-oriented working.
- You are collaborative, curious, critical, constructive and solution-oriented.
- You are an ambassador of customer focus and have an excellent eye for detail.
- You have experience with design thinking and service design.
- You are familiar with digital processes and know how to translate this effectively into various (digital) contact channels.
- You have an affinity with change management and can convince others of the importance of customer experience.
- You have an HBO/WO working and thinking level.
- You have at least 3-5 years of work experience in the field of Customer eXperience.
- You have an affinity with the social function of the IND.
More jobs at Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst (IND)
We haven't found any other jobs at Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst (IND).
More jobs in The Netherlands
Senior Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career