Oak Street Health
The Associate, Service Experience Designer role will work with other designers and the Director of Experiential Design to support design research, service design and implementation of new customer experiences throughout the Oak Street Health journey. This role will be responsible for creating satisfying and compelling experiences for both current and potential Oak Street Health patients. They will support both the application of human-centered design to address real world problems and the teaching of human-centered design across the organization.
This is a role for a generalized designer that has the ability to flex between multiple design modalities (service, experience, product, communications, etc.). Please note this is not a product/technology focused role. This role will be designing all aspects of a humanistic journey in a primary care clinic setting.
- Leverage ethnographic design research methods such as observation and interviewing to uncover unmet needs of both internal teams and external customers
- Synthesize findings from research and document and identify themes and potential opportunity areas
- Work with the leadership team to co-facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions across the organization
- Develop solutions to address organizational pain points and customer needs
- Create journey maps, prototypes, and other artifacts to document and demonstrate design ideas
- Collaborate and contribute to human-centered design curriculum
- 10-20% travel for in-field research, observation and workshops
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Centered Design (HCD) or related field (i.e., Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Communication/Graphic Design, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, Human Factors, etc.) required or comparable degree and/or experience
- 3+ years of experience working in human-centered design capacity (service, experience design, systems design, visual design, design research, etc)
- Preferred experience:
- 1+ years healthcare experience
- Visual design and communication skills
- Expertise interacting with historically underrepresented populations
- Knowledge of healthcare experience trends
- Note: An online digital portfolio with at least 2 case studies is preferred
- Proficient in the use of the Google suite of tools, Microsoft Office, and Miro
- Experience with common human-centered design methodologies, tools and frameworks
- Comfortable co-facilitating workshops and leading stakeholder interviews
- Organizational skills to self manage effectively
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings through written and verbal channels
- Collaborative mindset to create the best solutions; intellectual agility and creativity to anticipate obstacles and identify alternatives
- Self-starter with experience in producing results while operating independently
- Track record of building design driven solutions
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
More jobs at Oak Street Health
Oak Street Health
Oak Street Health
More jobs in USA
Innovation and Design Manager
Medavie Blue Cross
Service Design Lead
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career