Oak Street Health
The Sr Associate, Service Designer role will work with other designers and the Director of Experiential Design to lead design research, service design efforts and the implementation of new customer experiences throughout the Oak Street Health journey. This role will be responsible for creating satisfying and compelling experiences for both current and potential Oak Street Health patients. They will support both the application of human-centered design to address real world problems and the teaching of human-centered design across the organization. They will have a deep understanding of how to design experiences from concept through to execution. They will be able to lead and manage projects.
The ideal candidate will be well versed at both written and verbal communication and have the ability to synthesize large quantities of qualitative information into diagrams and visualizations. They will work across the organization and must be adept at explaining the value of design to non-designers and approaching their work from a humble and human-centered perspective.
Please note this is not a product/technology focused role. This role will be designing all aspects of a humanistic journey in a primary care clinic setting.
- Uncover unmet needs through the use of ethnographic design research methods
- Synthesize and document research themes, pain points and opportunity areas in a way that is accessible and inclusive
- Work with the leadership team to co-facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions across the organization
- Create design solutions to address organizational pain points and customer needs
- Utilize the creation of journey maps, prototypes, and other artifacts to document and demonstrate design ideas
- Collaborate on human-centered design curriculum development
- Teach/present to organizational leaders
- Mentorship of other designers
- Contribution to the design community of practice
- 10-20% travel for in-field research, observation and workshops
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Centered Design (HCD) or related field (i.e., Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Communication/Graphic Design, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, Human Factors, etc.) required or comparable degree and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience working in human-centered design capacity (service, experience design, systems design, visual design, design research, etc)
- Proficient in the use of the Google suite of tools, Microsoft Office, and Miro
- Experience with common human-centered design methodologies, tools and frameworks
- Comfortable facilitating workshops and leading stakeholder interviews
- Organizational skills to self manage effectively
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings through written and verbal channels
- Collaborative mindset to create the best solutions; intellectual agility and creativity to anticipate obstacles and identify alternatives
- Self-starter with experience in producing results while operating independently
- Track record of building design driven solutions
- Preferred experience:
- 3+ years healthcare experience
- Experience sharing design methods with non-designers
- Visual design and communication skills
- Expertise interacting with historically underrepresented populations
- Experience designing and delivering new services (from concept to completion)
- Knowledge of healthcare experience trends
- Previous project management experience
- Previous people leadership experience
- Note: An online digital portfolio with at least 2 case studies is preferred.
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
More jobs in USA
Lead Service Designer
City of Philadelphia
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career