Senior Service Designer
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
As a Senior Service Designer you’ll:
Lead on developing the end-to-end holistic view of remediation, using creative and innovative design and mapping approaches to create products that tell a story and bring it to life for non-experts. The role welcomes service designers with a strategic and/or systems mindset that can see the bigger picture, whilst using the creative design approaches to communicate a story that can support the efforts of remediation.
Your responsibilities include:
• Working with the team to define the boundaries of the remediation landscape, helping to determine the end-to-end environment, and producing visualisations that document this using strategic service design and/or systems mapping approaches.
• Produce a variety of visual products that represent the system, including user journeys, system maps and process maps, taking a creative approach to ensure products are user-friendly.
• Develop an understanding of the current remediation landscape and any future changes, to understand when implementation of new policies would impact the sector and our users.
• Using and embedding insights from user research and other sources of data and user feedback into visual products to identify paint points and challenges from a user perspective.
• Understanding the dependencies within the remediation system and how the five programmes align, seeking to identify incentives and disincentives across the system.
• Taking a strategic view of the system to support prioritisation and decision making around improvements needed in the system, and supporting the production of a project roadmap.
• Building relationships with teams across remediation to work collaboratively to build the system view, and to facilitate close working relationships that enable cross-team working on projects identified through the system design work.
• Implementing a user-centred systems approach, bringing and embedding knowledge of user-centred design to a complex policy landscape
• Championing user-centred systems approaches, developing and building capacity of systems design across remediation.
• You will embody inclusive leadership, line managing others to support career development and to direct the work of others.
• You will be able to access the support of, and contribute to, the relevant Community of Practice within the department
We are seeking a Senior Service Designer that can engage at a strategic, systems level in complex landscapes in a way which priorities users and their needs.
The role requires:
• Significant experience of working as a lead/senior level service or systems designer in a user-centred design team, project or programme.
• Experience of working in complex policy or service environment and applying strategic user-centred approaches to end-to-end design
• Experience of developing strategic and/or systems visualisations or conceptual models that can bring clarity to a large, complex and interconnected landscape using creative and innovative designs.
• Experience of using strategic end-to-end products to tell a compelling story which can communicate complex information to non-experts in a way that brings information to life.
• Experience of critically analysing end-to-end journeys to identify pain points and challenges, and using this to help set a strategic direction for the future.
• Experience of building and managing relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to work across organisational boundaries.
• An understanding and ability to work with complexity, uncertainty and organisational constraints in a political context
• An inclusive leader that can support and coach other team members, direct work, and support career development.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
More jobs at Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
Senior Service Designer
Department for Levelling Up Housing and Communities
More jobs in London
UK Export Finance
Lead Service Designer
London Borough of Hackney
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career