As a Service Designer, you will be joining the growing and exciting Digital Factory community who are continually sharing knowledge and expertise. We are all passionate about user-centred design, critical thinking, problem solving and designing and building digital services and products.
Working at Capgemini Invent would give you opportunities to develop and grow, working with major clients in both public and private sector. Our offices are in a variety of locations including London, Manchester and Glasgow. We offer hybrid working, however depending on your project you may have to travel to client locations.
What you’ll do:
- Maximise the value we deliver for our clients right from the inception to real life application of Service Design.
- Support our clients through the end-to-end service design process to design and develop innovative products and services. This process will be all the way from ideation and inception through to solution build and testing.
- Champion user-centricity – with a set of tools and methods you can draw upon to embed design thinking / user-centricity
- Work on new ideas and work alongside solution team to design and develop innovative products and services
- Use current and emerging trends to identify and lead improvements to existing services as well as introduce innovative and industry first service experiences influencing service managers, user researchers, UI/UX designers and programme directors to understand the value as a result of user focused transformation
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Proven experience working across a service design process, autonomously with minimal support
- Experience working with Government Digital Service (GDS) service standards, applying GDS design principles
- Ability to create service design artefacts and outputs, such as current and future-state user journeys, personas, service concepts, service blueprints and other artefacts
- ‘Client readiness’, with experience facilitating workshops, design sprints, ideation sessions or similar
- Ability to visualise complex services in an easy-to-understand format for varying audiences
- Ability to adopt a curious and inquisitive mindset – with a passion for asking ‘why’
- Ability to critically break down complex problems in a fast-paced environment, with a knack for storytelling
- Strong understanding and experience of working in an agile (scrum) environment in a cross-functional team including but not limited to user researchers, UX/UI designers, business analysts, product owners, delivery managers and developers
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a tight timeframe with a proactive mindset
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to balance competing views as part of the design process
- Aptitude for being an advocate for user-centricity, with the ability to develop and translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users
- SC (Security Check) Clearance or being eligible for this level of clearance (by being a UK resident for at least 3 years and not having left the country for more than 6 consecutive months during this period)
It would be ideal if you also have:
- Experience working in sectors that operate in complex regulatory environments (e.g. healthcare or public sector) or performing a consulting function to private sector clients
- Certification and/or qualifications in Service Design or Design Thinking
- Experience in running training around Service Design or Design Thinking
- Experience managing and leading high performing teams
- Experience working with various tools such as Miro, Mural, Teams, PowerPoint
More jobs at Capgemini
More jobs in London
UK Export Finance
Lead Service Designer
London Borough of Hackney
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career