Director of Customer Experience & Service Design
Ginkgo Bioworks, Inc.
Ginkgo is a well-funded, high-growth biotech company in Boston’s Seaport District that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our unparalleled data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. We’re on the lookout for smart, innovative, team-oriented individuals to join us on our mission, and to get the world on board for the ride.
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have launched a new service: Concentric by Ginkgo. Concentric is Ginkgo’s pandemic response program. At the core is a high-scale testing business, coupled with an end-to-end service provided to customers. We firmly believe that testing is an essential requirement to re-open the economy as quickly and safely as possible (see our white paper here), and anticipate that the test we aim to offer, including an NGS-based diagnostic test still under development, will comprise a significant portion of our national testing capacity as we scale.
While things are off to a great start, we have some big goals and ideas on how we can make the Concentric end-to-end customer experience more user-friendly and scalable to massive levels, and want to hear your ideas too.
As the Director of Customer Experience and Service Design, you’ll help us evolve the design of Concentric’s end-to-end-customer experience to be one that is truly scalable to large populations and that creates highly satisfied customers and brand advocacy. You’ll also lead the thinking on new service models that can meet the needs of new audiences and use cases. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you’ll work closely with members of our Marketing and Customer Experience team, along with members of our Digital Tech/UX, Customer Delivery, and Technical teams, to come up with innovative solutions to achieve this. Along with driving strategy, you will work closely with the CX and Delivery teams to test and implement new concepts in the market, and continually evaluate impact and optimization opportunities.
You are customer-obsessed and take a human-centered view of service design. You have successfully designed and implemented end-to-end customer experiences that include both physical and digital aspects of a service. You are well attuned to leveraging design thinking methods and are well-versed in service design methodologies. You like jumping in to solve big, hairy problems that the world is still trying to figure out. You like fast-paced environments and are okay with a lot of ambiguity, and generally thrive in it.
Please note: This opportunity is for a fixed-term contractor role. Some travel to work onsite in Boston may be required.
- Optimize design of our E2E testing service model to better meet the needs of current audiences, collaborating closely with the product marketing and CX team, digital tech, and customer delivery teams
- Design new testing service models that enable us to service new populations
- Create and maintain customer journey maps and visual expressions of service design concepts where needed
- Create and implement UX testing plans on new service concepts, using findings to recommend additional optimization opportunities where relevant; create, implement and leverage customer satisfaction surveys to ensure strong customer feedback loop
- Keep abreast of design best practices and help the team learn and grow through this knowledge
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- 10+ years experience excelling in Service Design, service-focused Customer Experience, or related discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- A proven track record of using customer-focused data and insights to develop and launch great products and experiences that span both physical and digital realms
- Great track record overseeing physical service design and user experience, combined with solid digital user experience
- Well-versed in leading UX testing and measurement
- A passion for understanding and connecting with customers, and experience translating customer insights into successful products and services
- Understanding of core service design mindset, methods, and practice, and a talent for creating new methods where needed
- Passion for research, experimentation, rapid prototyping, testing, and iteration
- Creative problem solving skills, relentless curiosity, and an enthusiastic work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and complex problems, and adaptability and willingness to try new things
- Strong experience working collaboratively across a variety of commercial and technical/product development functions, including outstanding communication and influencing skills at the leadership level
Apply for Job
More jobs in USA
Lead Service Designer
Allied Solutions LLC
Indiana, United States
Lead Service Designer
Texas, United States
Agency / Consultancy
Service Innovation Designer
Louisiana, United States
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career
We’ll use your email to send you updates about the report and other helpful service design topics. We hate spam just as much as you do, so we’ll never share your email. Unsubscribe anytime.