Lead Service Designer
Current materials management process is manually intensive leading to inaccurate inventory and increased costs. This initiative will deliver a decision support package for a recommended materials management, consignment and non-consignment solution & deployment plan informed by a detailed discovery of all the onshore wind sites. The recommended solution will aim to enable small parts cost reduction by 50%, a value of $4.1M annually; reduce field staff time spent managing parts by 50% for an average of 105 hours per week across 14 field personnel; improve maintenance demand planning; and avoid turbine downtime due to waiting on parts.
The Lead Service Designer will drive Service Design activities in the project and be responsible for the quality of project deliverables.
- Lead the discovery day-to-day (100%) by bringing together research, design, business and technology to shape the future service.
- Using service design methods to solve complex business problems, think strategically about opportunities, and facilitate the creation of a shared experience.
- Manage project stakeholders throughout the project for communication and progress.
- Confident to facilitate informed discussions with stakeholders across different functions when required.
- Help to define vision and outcomes for products, services and programs, shaping strategy and influencing long-lasting change.
- Champion Service Design and Design Thinking methodology with Sustainability, educating your stakeholders and taking them on a journey to truly understand the value of design
- Lead the development of the service concept in Sustainability, service blueprints and other service design artefacts with a UCD approach by articulating the backend of the service inclusive data, architecture and technical side of the service.
- Collaborate with users / engineers / operational leaders / technical teams and other key stakeholders to facilitate the co-design process, developing a deep understanding of their needs, managing expectations and agreeing service propositions
More jobs at Apex Systems
More jobs in USA
Baylor Scott & White Health
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career