Senior Service Designer
Service Designers often have diverse backgrounds, but what unites them is the ability to be empathetic, strategic and collaborative; to communicate visually and engage through storytelling; and to facilitate, coach and build capability in others. We deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer, providing flexible-working, as well as equipping colleagues with skills and opportunities. We may not always be able to accommodate every working pattern, but will consider any request.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Working effectively and confidently as part of agile teams to help uncover priorities, visualise outcomes and define scope.
- Shaping and delivering programmes of research to ensure we are led by colleague, customer and market insight when creating or enhancing our propositions and services.
- Facilitating workshops and discussions with various stakeholders, ensuring that the business context, needs and risks are well understood and that key decisions are well-informed.
- Communicating with colleagues and stakeholders to manage expectations and incorporate multiple perspectives in the definition of solutions.
- Researching and documenting current state services and experiences, and prototyping future state services.
- Leading others to make good design decisions, bringing the user perspective to the forefront and challenging the validity of constraints.
- Taking responsibility for both personal development and the development of others, helping them to succeed through coaching and mentoring.
- Collaborating closely within the multidisciplinary team of designers, product owners and engineers.
- Being an active member of the design community to share knowledge, create ideas, and embed principles of design across a range of product, service and customer journeys.
Experience in a range of research and design methods, including at least some of the following, is essential:
- Contextual enquiry
- Affinity diagrams
- Diary studies
- Questionnaire design
- Customer journey mapping
- Service blueprinting
- Creative workshop facilitation
- Crazy 8’s
- Service safari
- Paper prototyping
More jobs at Pontoon Solutions
Axiom Software Solutions Limited
Infoplus Technologies UK Limited
Senior Service Integration Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career