Senior Service Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Service Designer to join our thriving Design & Research practice.
As a Service Designer at Genomics England you will lead the design of end-to-end service journeys and work closely with service owners, programme leads and other cross functional partners to bring these services to life.
You’ll be responsible for translating user needs and bringing a human-centred approach to designing services that are capable of solving high complexity problems spanning multiple teams/domains.
In addition to designing cutting-edge healthcare services, you will play a crucial role in advancing our own design capabilities by improving standards and processes, participating in our Design Studio critique sessions and coaching more junior members of the team.
As with all our design roles, we'll try to mould the position to your skills, experience and professional aspiration; thus giving you the opportunity to do more of what you love and create a platform for you to take your career to the next level.
- Previous experience as a hands-on midweight or senior level Service Designer.
- A portfolio showcasing your ability to design & launch complex services that improve users' lives.
- Deep expertise in human-centered design and systems design.
- Able to translate insights, user stories and requirements into design solutions.
- Can deliver well thought-out user journeys / service blueprints (including pain points & areas of opportunity).
- Experienced in influencing teams to build services that are equitable, inclusive and truly serve the needs’ of users.
- A strategic thinker who can articulate design decisions and strategies to influence a service strategy and roadmap.
- Equally comfortable working collaboratively or autonomously.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Great communication & storytelling skills (written, verbal, and visual).
- An advocate of agile working.
- A desire to continually improve work through giving and receiving feedback.
- You keep up to date on relevant technical, societal, scientific innovation and change in the world to feed into your work, ensuring it stays relevant.
- In-house experience within healthcare and / or the public sector is desired but not essential.
More jobs at Genomics England
More jobs in LondonMore jobs in UK
Lead Service Designer
Financial Conduct Authority
London Borough of Hackney
Nationwide Building Society
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career