Senior Service Designer
Kin + Carta
About The Role
As a Senior Service Designer you have a deep understanding of service design theory and methods, and you will autonomously apply and share that knowledge with confidence. You’ll be ambitious and passionate about Service Design and have a good overall understanding of service delivery. As an advocate of Service Design, you’ll be a passionate champion of service design practices when working with internal and client stakeholders. You will be a trusted member of the project team and a point of contact for the client, you’ll thrive when working outside your comfort zone and you’ll collaborate well within cross-functional teams.
Designers at Kin + Carta are:
- Collaborative and ego-free, able to give and receive feedback to and from all team members regardless of role or level.
- Designing, prototyping and building products and services used by people every day.
- Confident using modern design tools, such as Figma, Google Workplace, Miro, Adobe Cloud and a variety of prototyping tools or happy to learn and adapt.
- Client-facing, taking an active role in the presentation of the team’s latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn.
- Enthusiastic about agile methodologies, and software development practices.
As a Senior Service Designer at Kin + Carta you:
- Understand service design theory and know how to apply it
- Break down complex problems into structured components and visualise them clearly
- Plan and execute system mapping, customer journeys, scenarios and service specifications
- Lead the design and implementation of services, including the orchestration of a variety of different physical and digital touch points
- Contribute to research activities, and lead research efforts when needed
- Zoom out, to view experiences holistically
- Lead requirements gathering and prioritisation sessions with senior/C-suite stakeholders
- Define and create value propositions
- Plan, design and facilitate workshops and always follow up with synthesising and communicating the outputs of the workshops
- Create service experience concepts and prototypes
- Clearly storyboard service experiences
- Create and guide others in producing service design deliverables, such as user archetypes, jobs to be done, service blueprints and other experience maps, KPI/KEI models, roadmaps, among others.
- Lead engagements by providing the client and team with direction, guidance, and support
- Manage client relationships
- Identify additional project growth/expansion opportunities where appropriate
- Enhance clients’ understanding of service design, design thinking, and human-centred design approaches
More jobs in London
Senior Service Designer
Department for Education
Lead Service Designer
Financial Conduct Authority
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career