Senior Service Designer
As a Senior Service Designer, you thrive on building a deep understanding of our customers and connecting with them to create the right experiences. You immerse yourself within Telstra’s Agile Ways of working to design product, processes and services to enhance digital customer experience across the customer journey. Your ability to quickly understand, interpret and re-invent customer experiences is critical for us to deliver our service strategy.
As a Senior Service Designer at Belong, you’ll design and lead the service design activities to support strategic initiatives. Collaborating with various teams, you’ll build a deep understanding of our customers, products, systems, and processes to help shape and implement the future customer experience and service vision at Belong.
It feels good to bring people together.
As a telco, we’re helping more Australians feel like they Belong. This means giving Australians the tools they need to get things done in the digital world. Oh, and we’re doing that while being 100% carbon neutral. As an organisation, we're focused on having customer first mindset and delivering effortless customer experiences. As a workplace, we’re building a community of people who bring their whole selves to work. Workplaces can be brutally bland and that’s not good for anyone. Difference makes us all better and we’re always trying to get better.
About the Role
As a Senior Service Designer, you will combine your deep expertise in Service and Experience Design with your ability to influence to help shape and implement the future customer experience and service vision at Belong.
Through your passion for customers and your expertise in design thinking, you’ll connect, engage, and inspire the team at Belong to help build a deep understanding of our customers, our products, our systems, and our processes, and deliver channel and product agonistic experiences that put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
You will be responsible for leading the E2E service design activities that are anchored in human-centred design thinking practice. You’ll champion the embedding of our EASE (Entice, Activate, Solve and Engage) customer framework across our business. You will significantly contribute to the design and build of new products and services for Belong and work closely with our Customer Insights, Channel, Front-line and Digital teams to build a deep understanding of our customers before you create and design the right experiences.
Your ability to quickly understand, interpret, and re-invent customer experiences is critical for us to deliver our service strategy, and you understand the importance of using service design to tackle customer pain points by using data and insights.
You are a team player who can put customers first, you understand that value is in what gets used, not in what gets built. You are comfortable with planning, designing, and facilitating big or small cross-functional workshops where problems may be ambiguous. You can walk the talk by rolling your sleeves up to get the job done and demonstrate the value by taking everyone along on the journey of ‘what it could be’.
What you’ll do:
- Design and lead the service design activities to support strategic initiatives, new product development, and systemic experience enhancements.
- Plan and facilitate design thinking workshops to support discovery and ideation to co-create the target customer experience from concept to detail designs that are desirable, viable, and feasible.
- Leverage human design thinking to uncover and understand customer needs to create ‘north star’ vision and help evolve the customer experience through an iterative approach.
- Conduct customer and stakeholder research to gather insights to prepare impactful customer journey maps, service blueprints, and Belong personas.
- Design and develop purposeful experiences in response to customer feedback, data insights, and in line with Belong’s customer promise and service strategy.
- Map and analyse current state experiences within existing products and services to define problems, identify root causes, and identify opportunities to feed into the target experience design.
- Synthesise feedback into early-stage storyboards and prototypes to help articulate great ideas and prioritise digital products and services that drive the right customer experiences.
- Apply agile ways of working and design thinking techniques to experiment and incubate improvement initiatives that result in the right products, experiences, and solutions for customers.
- Authentically engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders across the team to establish holistic and integrated service experiences and best practice processes.
- Apply your knowledge and expertise to guide and direct others to resolve complex customer problems and solutions.
Your expertise lies in strategic design, and you are a vocal proponent of inclusive design practices. You possess the ability to effortlessly transition between big-picture strategic thinking and detailed execution. You thrive on reimagining the ‘north star," but you remain practical and grounded in your approach to achieving it. You recognise the importance the "invisible" facets of design that have a significant impact on customers, such as fallout. You’re comfortable with the lofty ambitions of a strategy and the depths of a detailed process. You can confidently communicate with anyone, from tech-oriented people to creatives, executives, and customers. You’ll confidently advocate for customers' interests with a strong commercial acumen. You have demonstrated experience as a service design practitioner and possess an innate sense of empathy for customers.
The following skills and experience will help you to be successful in the role:
- 5+ years of Product & Service Design using human centred design practices and customer experience strategies, leveraging design strategy and design processes to improve experiences for customers
- Stakeholder Management Skills including active listening, providing feedback and strong influencing skills to lead change
- Well versed in agile methodologies
- Proven commercial acumen with innovative problem-solving skills
- Proven collaborator who can facilitate discussions across a broad range of stakeholders
- Telco experience will be advantageous
More jobs at Telstra
Senior Service Designer
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/726119.cloudwaysapps.com/nbcxbjqwwz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oxygen/component-framework/components/classes/code-block.class.php(133) : eval()'d code on line 3
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/726119.cloudwaysapps.com/nbcxbjqwwz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oxygen/component-framework/components/classes/code-block.class.php(133) : eval()'d code on line 4
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career