The Service Designer role will work on a mission that aims to lead the technology development to realise the network-as-a-service capabilities enabling Telstra’s reference architecture model. Also, this role will work with a team of developers, network engineers, and service designers delivering capabilities which will help design and develop new services and products for Telstra’s Product Enablement Technology group to take to market.
- Understand the Product experience and business requirements, conceptualize and establish the prospective domain services.
- Deliver Telstra standards compliant quality service designs to achieve the Product and business outcomes adhering to the principles as defined in the Telstra’s Domain blueprint.
- Be an expert on service design, delivery and orchestration in your mission enabled by good understanding of Telstra systems, processes, reference architecture.
- Provide expert guidance into the end-to-end solution architecture.
- Actively engage with stakeholders viz. Business analyst, solution architect, developers, testers, Product owners, Product managers to ensure alignment of the services and solution.
- Develop and elaborate solution with detailed sequence flow supported for various service/API operations.
- Conduct service design walkthroughs and reviews with the technical stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and publish service contracts via the NaaS layers with due review and stakeholder approval.
- Support the service consumers, development and test effort of the domain services.
- Where required, raise KDD (Key Design Decision) documentation and get approval from stakeholders.
- Onboard new APIs/ API versions on the NaaS service catalogue:
- Document use of API, resource model, lifecycle details and Telstra-specific rules if any
- Create swagger for new API
- Document examples with sample payloads
To be successful in the role, you need to have:
- Experience with API design and development in a message drive microservices architecture.
- Conceptual knowledge of Microservices based architecture,
- Proficient in UML, Data-modelling, ER diagrams, Sequence diagrams
- API gateway concepts, REST based APIs exposure and consumption
- Proficient in Swagger documentation, JSON, YAML, Open API and Service Contract documentation
- Previous experience in service catalogue-driven orchestration,
- Deep understanding of Service concepts such as CFS, RFS, characteristics, state, relationships, dependencies et al,
- Good understanding of NaaS principles/ NaaS Services,
- Good understanding and relevance of Abstracted Models,
- Good understanding of best practices for integration of services such as sync/async patterns, security, authorization models, networking, etc.,
- Design & Architecture vision, Jira ,Confluence
- Key OSS/BSS concepts,
- Previous experience with complex composite services spanning multiple Domains delivering an end-to-end outcome for Product/customer
- Keen interest to learn new tools and able to quickly adapt to using new tooling
- Experience working with TMF Open API specifications (TMF640, TMF641, TMF633)
- Understanding of Telstra NE2020 design guidelines and principles
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps tools such as GitLab, bitbucket.
- Network Inventory management
- Distributed system architecture knowledge
- Telstra processes knowledge
- Contributions to the TM Forum community
More jobs at Telstra
Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
More jobs in Australia
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Lead Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career