We are looking for a Service Designer to join our growing Strategic and Experience Design practice. This is a great opportunity for someone who will take a holistic approach to service design, using design thinking frameworks and human-centred design principles to find creative solutions to real business problems for our clients.
You will work collaboratively with Prime Motive’s strategists, technologists and other designers and will have the opportunity to help shape our multidisciplinary practice.
The role is full time and our company is based in Melbourne, however we are a remote friendly crew who come together on the occasion to collaborate, socialise, conduct client workshops and meetings from a central location.
- To apply a diverse range of Service Design methods, frameworks and artefacts and understand when these tools will be useful within the project lifecycle, such as value propositions, journey mapping, blueprinting, testing and report writing.
- Facilitate workshops and participatory research activities to help client teams explore problem/solution spaces using convergent thinking.
- Conduct a range of research activities with customers and stakeholders including qualitative, quantitative, generative and evaluative studies, and understanding how to convert insights into actionable design.
- Create and communicate real business opportunities for our clients, define both customer and business needs and showing a way forward for their service(s).
- Articulate the benefits of design approaches and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to Prime Motive’s company and design culture by sharing your experience and knowledge at social and design events, conversations and working on strategic projects.
- A skilled service designer with two years of professional experience.
- An excellent portfolio of projects showcasing application of common Service Design methods to real life projects, highlighting customer and business outcomes.
- You have previously worked either within an agency or consultancy where you have needed to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience coordinating and running effective design research projects using applying qualitative and quantitative methods to arrive at succinct insights and recommendations.
- You are an engaging communicator of your research, design process and decisions leveraging visual thinking and presentation skills across visual, written and verbal formats in person or online.
- Confident flex your design and research skills on tools such as Miro, Figma, Optimal Workshop, Askable or equivalent.
- You are passionate about design best practices, such as accessibility, inclusion, participatory and citizen led design.
- You have a positive, growth mindset who can see challenges as opportunities.
- You want to actively contribute to helping grow a successful multidisciplinary design practice.
What we provide
- A variety of design projects across diverse sectors and industries.
- A supportive company and design culture where you can flex your skills, gain exposure to different design disciplines and frameworks and grow your practice in a supportive environment.
- Flexible work arrangements and working hours to balance your other commitments, such as 9-day fortnights and other flexible arrangements.
- Fortnightly learning and career development time allowance to evolve your skillset, including in-project learning allocations.
- A respectful, safe and supportive workplace for mental wellbeing. We are signatories of the Mentally Healthy standards and provide additional leave provisions for mental health ‘duvet days’.
- We provide a remote friendly work environment, with a focus on creating rich opportunities to come together in person and online to connect or collaborate.
More jobs in Australia
Senior Service Designer
Bridge IT Engineering
Kingston City Council
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career