Principal Service Designer
The Sun Life XD Team was formed in 2020 to innovate how our customers access and use our products – which play a vital role in keeping members financially secure during some of their most challenging times. We are a team of designers, researchers and writers who are passionate about understanding people and designing tools and workflows that fit into their lives in a compassionate and supportive manner.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Service Designer to join our team and help shape the future of our customer experiences. You will be responsible for developing innovative service design approaches and strategies that enhance the customer journey through elegant service delivery. You will collaborate with various stakeholders to understand complex ecosystems and reimagine journeys that help our clients reach financial security and live healthier lives. You will be the first of a new breed of design strategists at Sun Life US – helping form a practice focused on service design and bring a new set of skills and techniques that can benefit our customers and our project teams. You will focus on some of our nascent business offerings – that will directly impact the health of covered members and bring the cost of health care down for our clients. As the first in this role you will also be a key advocate for service design practice, mentor others in the XD team, and help shape plans to expand its reach across other portfolios.
This is a fully remote position supported by the best collaboration tools and a close-knit team that stays connected and supports a healthy work-from-home culture.
What will you do?
- Bring order to a messy and complex service ecosystem whose success depends on positive human outcomes
- Design end-to-end, integrated omni-channel experiences based on a deep understanding of client behaviours, business strategy and operating models.
- Lead the exploration, definition and design for your portfolio by leveraging innovative design methodologies to produce service design deliverables including competitive scans, service blueprints, future state journey maps, storyboards, concepts, iterative prototypes and user testing.
- Partner closely with colleagues across business strategy, XD, product development and technology to support discovery activities and co-create future state experiences to inform delivery roadmap.
- Translate complex systems and challenges into compelling narratives to engage key stakeholders and challenge status quo.
- Foster the growth and maturity of a burgeoning service design practice through mentoring, training, process, best-practices
- Support the Director of Experience Design and key partners to help define client experience strategies and prioritized client journeys
- Consult with our business partners to identify opportunities for service design and advocate by demonstrating how they can support their objectives
- Plan work for large programs, monitor their status, report updates and outcomes incrementally
- Coordinate and sometimes lead relevant research activities – interviews, observations, data analysis
- Run collaborative cross-functional work sessions, brainstorming, …
- Collaborate with your tight-knit XD squad of designers, researchers and writers
- Work independently with some guidance from the Director of Design
- 7+ years experience in service design, CX strategy, product strategy or a closely related field
- A portfolio demonstrating a variety of service design projects for omni-channel projects with an emphasis on digital services
- Experience in continuous delivery and comfortable impacting design and product strategy in fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Expertise in analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources to form a holistic understanding of a problem space.
- Comfortable in critically assessing systems and processes to effectively challenge current state operating models
- Demonstrated ability to present compelling arguments for change
- Facilitation skills to lead a range of workshops and ideation sessions to co-create with business partners and end-users.
- Strong collaboration skills to establish partnerships with key business unit stakeholders
- Strong visual communicator with the ability to produce artifacts at different levels, such as system maps, storyboards, and UX prototypes.
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team using real-time collaboration tools
- A sense of humor and humility
More jobs at Sun Life
Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
More jobs in USA
Baylor Scott & White Health
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career