Senior Service Designer
Come help us redefine the future of HealthCare. The Innovation Team at Elevance Health is leading the reinvention of healthcare by identifying, incubating, and implementing valuable solutions to deliver impact at scale and improve the health of the over 40 million members Elevance Health serves. Our team within Elevance Health Digital, is closely affiliated with Elevance Health’s Enterprise Strategy Group and engages with stakeholders at every level, internally and externally, to infuse innovative ideas, behaviors, processes, and products across the organization.
As a human centered design thinker at Elevance Health Innovation, you will engage at a strategic level but will also have exposure to the broad range of the Innovation portfolio and the opportunity to make significant contributions to impactful work. You will be working alongside our Innovation Leaders to deliver thoughtful, well-executed, and effective creative materials and design thinking artifacts.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the human centered design process to join our team. We seek someone who is empathic, curious, highly collaborative and open to exploring innovative ideas that go beyond the everyday.
Job Responsibilities :
- Knowledge of human-centered design methodology and ability to co-lead project work using best practices and tools
- Design and facilitate workshops with diverse stakeholders for research, co-creation and alignment
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects through various stages and be comfortable with some ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Develop discussion guides and stimuli to use in research
- Conduct primary and secondary research to generate insights that drive design decisions
- Co-lead the development of user journey/service maps (moments that matter) with insights that drive to opportunity areas
- Can clearly define problem statements and next actionable steps
- Develop archetype/personas to ground teams in the work they are doing
- Build strong relationships within the innovation team and across the organization
- Work with team members to define project scope and work plans for delivery
- Present work to team members and business stakeholders
- Requires a BA/BS degree in graphic/visual design or related field of study and minimum of 3 years of experience in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), Microsoft Suite (PPT, Word, Excel); applying critical thinking, creative problem-solving, design research, sense-making and pattern recognition on projects; experience with visualization and storytelling (personas, journey mapping); experience leading design, and experience verbally and visually presenting insights, ideas and concepts; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 3+ years of design thinking experience. You have a breadth of knowledge of delivering work using a human-centered design process.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. self-starter with a bias towards action. Can adjust to shifting priorities.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- You believe in human-centered design. Growing understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices.
- Bring solutions to life. Ability to visualize and prototype (in collaboration with a design team) intended solutions at various levels of fidelity to use as stimuli in research
- Be Agile. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also co-leading iterative process improvement efforts.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. You’re curious and receptive to feedback and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps us energized and inspired throughout the day.
- Experience designing and building solutions for HealthCare is a plus.
- Knowledge of dScout and Schlessinger, or other research tools is a plus
- Design skills is a plus
More jobs at Elevance Health
We haven't found any other jobs at Elevance Health.
More jobs in USA
Senior Service Designer
Baylor Scott & White Health
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career