Design Lead Service Design
This Design Lead will be a key contributor to defining and realizing athena’s vision for all things healthcare scheduling. We are looking for a highly collaborative designer with strong knowledge of service design principles, trends, and best practices. In this role, you will help shape how athena’s clients are engaged, onboard, supported, operationalized, and integrated into our network. You will partner with other designers, product owners, and engineers to understand challenges to the customer/user experience and prototype/design/deliver scalable solutions. You are a strong communicator, have experience developing customer personas, and are comfortable navigating SAAS ecosystems. An ideal applicant will be able to shape the overall journey then jump into the sketch to help design the details of the necessary UIs using our design language system.
Austin’s athenahealth office is located in the heart of a strong design, healthcare, and tech community (not to mention the plentiful tacos). We are uniquely positioned to harness the power of athena’s core intelligence to open up the network to experiment with new product offerings. Using rapid prototyping and lean design methodology, we operate like a health tech startup while leveraging the assets of a large company. Join us in building the best design team in healthcare!
- Champion service design within AthenaHealth
- Transform high-level brand positions into scaleable experiences
- Produce some screen designs as needed to support scrum team designers
- Identify opportunities for improving existing products/services, or creating new products/services.
- Develop reports, requirements, documentation, and presentations to align stakeholders around a common goal
- Research and develop current and future state service blueprints, journey maps, and user personas via close collaboration with resources across the Org
- Work with product management, engineering colleagues, other designers and subject matter experts across the business to influence product/service roadmaps and ensure high-quality user/customer experiences
- 5+ years of professional design experience (bonus points for both consulting and product-side experience)
- Self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of process trends/best practices
- Experience developing user/customer profiles/archetypes
- Expertise with design thinking and human-centered design
- UI skills and a basic understanding of Design Language Systems
- Experience working with SAAS and software integration problems
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of the US healthcare space
- Experience collaborating with other designers as well as cross-functionally
- Portfolio of relevant projects demonstrating good taste, solid communication skills, system-thinking skills, awareness of design trends, and a solid grasp of service design methods
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is located in downtown Austin, TX in the historic Seaholm Power Plant building.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees all work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More jobs at athenahealth
We haven't found any other jobs at athenahealth.
More jobs in USA
Innovation and Design Manager
Medavie Blue Cross
Service Design Lead
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career