It’s an exciting time at Virgin Money as we build a Service Design Centre of Excellence (CoE) in our Customer Operations and Transformation office to lead the way in exploring and adopting new technology tools, techniques, or practices in Service Design. We’re on an exciting journey, and we’ve got big plans for the future. It’s a fun and fast-paced place to be, and we want you to help take us to the next level.
Service Design is the craft of looking holistically at a customer’s overall journeys as they interact with different products and services and design target experiences we want to create for our customers. We’re looking for talented, forward thinking Service Designers to create a team of highly skilled, passionate, and curious individuals enabling people all across the business to keep customers front of mind and innovate by integrating research and using design thinking to creatively solve problems in the bank.
What you’ll be doing
- Shaping and improving how we design and deliver our services for customers. Your expertise will guide our strategic decisions, spark innovation, and ensure that we always prioritise our customer’s needs in the services we offer now and in the future
- Architect and partner with execution teams to enable ideal customer experiences, all while building the organisation’s customer-centric culture
- Baselining and diagnosing ‘as is’ customer journeys and ideating target state design grounded in customer research and analysis to deliver good customer outcomes under the virgin brand promise.
- Identify key moments that matter along the customer journey lifecycle based on output and coordination with Customer Insight and Voice of Customer Analytics teams
- Forensically dissecting critical experiences, taking account of how people, processes, and technologies result in current customer experiences you will co-create new experience and process design with relevant cross-functional stakeholders, taking into account budgetary and other operational realities
- Build the business case for making critical changes based on desired Service Design outcomes Journey and Insight Mapping
- Create holistic service design blueprints, including integrated journey/ process level mapping across CX, operations work- flows and technology systems
- Stay updated with industry trends and incorporate relevant insights into the service design strategy.
We need you to have
- Expertise of process mapping, service blueprinting, being proficient in use of journey mapping tooling, such as Figma, MIRO, Visio
- Proven experience as a Service Design practitioner with a high capacity for follow-through, bringing together the science (data-driven, analytic skills) and art (design) of Customer Experience strategy
- A deep understanding of designing services that provide seamless and personalized experiences for customers within businesses of similar scale and nature
- Extensive background in developing and implementing strategies that improve services to align with business goals and make customers happier
- The ability to identify areas for improvement in services by aggregating and analysing customer feedback
- Proficiency in creating and using metrics and indicators to measure service quality and make continuous improvements
- Operational and digital strategy experience, in particular translating customer comments into strategic action while mapping customer journeys
It’s a bonus if you have but not essential
- Experience within Retail Banking
More jobs in UK
Senior Service Designer
Department for Levelling Up Housing and Communities
Senior Service Designer
NHS Business Services Authority
UK Export Finance
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career