Be part of a new era for Rightmove, as our Experience Design team expands to meet and exceed the expectations of our millions of users. Our Service Designer will play a central role in delivering the services which support . These are the experiences that make us the UK’s number 1 property website.
You’ll be a hands-on individual contributor and a collaborative team player within the Experience Design team. You’re comfortable working on defined problem spaces across multiple projects. And you’ll have a portfolio which demonstrates your experience working across different industry contexts and regulatory constraints.
Reflecting critically and asking important questions is crucial to this role. You’ll need the commercial awareness and ability to understand business models, in order to strategise how we extend our service proposition. We’ll need you to leverage your experience in qualitative discovery research and other user centred design practises to underpin this important work.
Day to day, you’ll primarily be supporting our Internal Systems product team. You’ll balance qualitative and quantitative insights to advocate for the needs of customer experience agents to serve current and prospective customers more efficiently. This role needs you to empower your peers to upskill in service thinking, acting at times as a bridge between product teams and customer experience to think holistically about the bigger picture.
You’re passionate to learn and grow, proactively seeking the support you need to achieve your objectives and personal development goals. This role is based two days a week from our Milton Keynes (MK) office, with regular visits required to the London office. This role reports to the Service Design Manager.
- Expose and visualise internal systems for a large group of stakeholders. Codify customer experience needs to frame opportunities according to their impact and alignment with business objectives.
- Support product teams to map tasks, steps, journeys, services, systems, and ecosystems in the context of dependencies. Use these artefacts to turn insights into service improvement opportunities.
- Extend experience maps to visualise the front and backstage elements of a journey to build a repository of service patterns.
- Communicate complex ecosystems and processes across organisational boundaries. Use this to build a shared understanding between the Internal Systems and Experience Design team over time. Succinctly and regularly articulate your work in progress at wider team meetings.
- Collaborate with the Service Design Manager, Lead UX Researcher, Lead UX Designer, Lead UX Copywriter Lead Product Designers to solve complex problems across our ecosystem of products and services, to deliver improved service outcomes and costed savings.
- Adapt your communication to facilitate workshops with Product teams, Customer experience and Sales teams based in MK and London. Work with the Service Design Manager and Head of Experience Design to influence ways of working that guide and coach product designers and product owners to lead this work when you’re not in the room.
More jobs at Rightmove
We haven't found any other jobs at Rightmove.
More jobs in UK
Lead Service Designer
Financial Conduct Authority
London Borough of Hackney
Nationwide Building Society
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career