Service Designer - Senior Consultant
Farsight Consulting Ltd
As we continue to grow, we are looking to hire permanent Service Designers.
You will have experience of working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary agile teams, be familiar with GDS methodology and standards, a good communicator and skilled in using a range of tools and approaches.
Some key responsibilities
- Delivery of high-quality design assets that articulate customer insights, journeys and experiences.
- Collaborate with team members on delivering quality, asking critical questions and sharing thoughts, ideas and reservations openly.
- Communicate complex information by using visual methods and storytelling that is engaging for audiences.
- Identify and promote opportunities for process improvements, experiment with ideas and review outcomes to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Support and/or lead the development and delivery of client and internal communications (written, spoken or visual).
- Design and present ideas and concepts that meet the brief.
- Build deep knowledge and understanding of service spaces. Understand the wider landscape and where a product or service sits within it. Facilitate service review workshops.
- Apply an understanding of client needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success and changes in expectations or scope.
- Unify team and service vision(s). Work with the service teams and stakeholders to define mission(s), goals and objectives.
- Working with teams to define and refine KPIs and metrics for services.
You will work on a range of high-profile digital transformation projects, which could be in a range of sectors including education, training, social care or the criminal justice system. Examples of the projects you could be working on include developing new services to:
- Enable people in prison to receive sensitive legal correspondence securely.
- Help local authorities carry on skills assessments on social workers.
- Share sensitive information about children between multiple agencies.
- Support teachers with their professional development.
- Support vulnerable families.
As a service designer, there may be opportunities to get exposure to different phases of a projects at different points. For example:
Pre-Discovery - helping teams evidence the need for a product or service discovery
Discovery - helping teams understand the problem space, work collaboratively with a team and identify business & service users to generate measurable opportunities for change.
Alpha - Working with a team to test hypotheses. Ensure the service user needs and business requirements are met. Work with a team to test the riskiest assumptions/how they have tested this through their design deliverables.
Beta - Working with a team to support iterations in the new service. Seek opportunities to connect the service to the wider service landscape. Helping teams scale up.
Portfolio Strategy - Take a holistic view across the service area and find out where opportunities exist for improvement.
You are open, curious, enjoy solving problems and motivated about making a difference during this exciting period of growth. Some of the things we look for include:
- Experience of working in agile: You have an awareness of agile tools and approaches, and how to use them.
- Digital perspective: You understand how the digital economy is changing user behaviour and the government landscape.
- Communicating information: You can communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context.
- Evidence- and context-based design: You can visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information and research evidence.
- User focus: You understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are, based on evidence.
- Design Community collaboration: You can contribute to the work of the community, building successful teams through understanding team styles and influencing as well as motivating team members.
- Accessibility: understanding of accessibility and its principles.
More jobs at Farsight Consulting Ltd
We haven't found any other jobs at Farsight Consulting Ltd.
More jobs in London
London Borough of Hackney
Senior Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career