BPP Education is entering a new phase of its growth and evolution, attracting thousands more students each year and expanding into new verticals and new markets globally. The BPP Product & Technology (P&T) organisation is evolving rapidly, and driving transformation of its platforms, digital products and experiences, in order to help BPP Education scale and meet the growth of the business in the coming years.
We’re looking for a user experience design professional who will work across our Product Squads to deliver experiences that delight and engage learners during their time studying with BPP and beyond, throughout their working lives.
As a Service Designer, you will report to the Head of Service Design, working across multiple Product Squads. Collaborating closely with the other BPP P&T functions (Engineering, Product Management & Data), you will help transform BPP Education to become more customer centred, design and data informed, to build products that meet and exceed our users’ needs
- Proven track record of success as a UX&/or Service designer with experience of integrating actionable user insights into product delivery roadmaps
- Substantial experience in digital product design – ideally across web, mobile apps and enterprise software.
- Expertise in one or more of the following, good working knowledge of the rest: Service Design, UX
- Design, Mental Models Design, Design Thinking and problem framing methodologies
- Proven application of user-centred design approaches to address complex UX and service design problems
- Experience in agile product delivery and rapid prototyping, with an understanding of how quantitative and qualitative data can drive improvements and provide the rationale behind product design direction
- Solid foundation in the use and collation of data from user feedback, analytics, usability and survey tools (eg. Google Analytics, Google Optimise, Content Square, Optimal Workshop, Qualtrics, Qualaroo, Site Improve et al)
- Expertise in using Product Design&UX specific tools (e.g. usertesting.com, Axure, Miro, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Figma et al)
- Experience implementing WCAG accessibility standards into design process
- Effective communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Experience in working with content designers and SEO executives
- Experience in the Education Sector
- Help ensure Product Squad objectives are met whilst also elevating the understanding and status of user-centred design within BPP, advocating the building of products and experiences rooted in customer empathy
- Help integrate product experience principles in all digital products ensuring clarity, coherence and consistency of the user experience across the BPP ecosystem
- Help Squads integrate user insights, alongside marketing analytics, SEO and commercial data, to improve robustness of recommendations
- Help ensure testing approaches are seamlessly integrated into the Product Squad’s design and development lifecycles, and that qual and quantitative data is utilised to drive demonstrable improvements
- Ensure that product Squad activities always have the customer at their heart – so that we continue to solve meaningful problems across end-to-end user journeys
- Promote an iterative, evidence-based approach to design – ensuring all design output follows best practice, including: user journeys, storyboards, wireframes, personas, UX prototypes, sitemaps and user stories
- Collaborate closely with Product Manager and Engineering Lead to ensure Squad members are regularly involved in the design process – from ideation through to problem solving
- Regularly share work with other Service and Product Designers to ensure collaboration and inspire others across the Product Design team
More jobs in London
UK Export Finance
Lead Service Designer
London Borough of Hackney
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career