Senior Service Designer
The Senior Service Designer is part of the Service Design team within the Customer Service (CS) department. The Service Integration team plays a pivotal role in designing, delivering and improving end-to-end customer service journeys for new or existing strategic Booking products and/or services. Service Integration aims to bring sustainable and valuable solutions to life for millions of Booking.com customers around the globe, our highly ambitious business and its ten thousands of (customer service) operations employees.
As such the Senior Service Designer:
- Develops a strong customer (service) understanding, explores strategic customer-centric CS solutions and materializes on these solutions to enable rapid growth at scale
- Owns, within CS, the efficiency and effectivity from 1 or more service journeys and customer segments to enable continuous and strategic customer-centric improvements
- Develops, nurtures and strengthens the service design capability within the CS department and wider Booking organization, including training and coaching of the other Service Integration owners in the CS team(s)
Develops a strong customer (service) understanding, explores strategic customer-centric CS solutions and materializes on these solutions to enable rapid growth at scale:
- Leading global, large scale and complex Service Integration projects and programs from conception to launch
- Collaborate with a team of CS, Product and Business owners to explore, test, and evolve service experiences and journeys for the Booking.com customers
- Allow for rapid time to market with light, easy to implement and quick solutions while never losing track of the long-term strategic direction
- Translate customer, business and employee insights in future-proof & globally scalable service strategies, blueprints and experiences
- Craft service experiences that seamlessly connect to the overall Booking.com customer journeys and interfaces
- Partner with delivery partners (within CS, but also outside CS) to ensure that the customer experience conveys the initially established vision for that specific service
Owns, within CS, the efficiency and effectivity from 1 or more service journeys and customer segments to enable continuous and strategic customer-centric improvements
- Acts as the single point of contact within CS for (senior) stakeholders within the CS and the wider Booking.com organization for 1 or more CS service journeys
- Identify new opportunities for CS and potentially Commercial Operations wide to more efficiently and effectively support new business areas
- Develop a business case to address cost/benefits of opportunity areas and validate the opportunity with senior stakeholders
- Design of a program management set-up to address the opportunity and deliver end-to-end management of the program across teams/departments
Develops, nurtures and strengthens the service integration capability within the CS department and wider Booking organization, including training and coaching of the other Service Integration owners in the CS team(s):
- Embeds service design and design thinking best practices in the Service Integration team and the wider CS organization way of working and processes
- Drive standardization across the various Service Integration team projects and programs by establishing (reusable) service design & architecture frameworks
- The Service Integration Owner is expected to function as an SME, and advises, coaches and trains more junior Service Integration Owners as well as other stakeholders in the business
- Communicates and evangelizes the Service Integration vision and way of working to the CS organization and the wider Booking.com organization
- 8 - 12 years experience in designing (CS) service strategies and experiences for global, large scale and digital companies
- Extensive Service Design/Integration skills (e.g. design thinking, customer journey mapping/design and process design).
- Proven experience with communicating and presenting business cases, innovative strategies and solutions for complex problems and opportunities in a clear and inspiring way
- Excellent stakeholder manager with the ability to establish connections with various groups of (senior) stakeholders inside and outside the customer service organization
- >5 years experience in cross-departmental program management.
- Knowledge of and experience with working in Customer Service environments (with functions like WFM, CS Operations, Quality, Learning, Knowledge and Change)
- Additional benefit is PMP/PgMP, Agile Project Management and/or Lean Six Sigma experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
More jobs at Booking.com
Senior Service Designer
More jobs in The Netherlands
IN10 Digital Design & Innovation Agency
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career