Transport and mobility
UX & Service Design (Sr. Specialist)
- As part of a multi-disciplinary discovery team, you will be working to uncover opportunities for product development, identifying and quantifying the value, and validating potential solutions with customers
- Use proven UX and service design methods to solve complex business problems, think strategically about opportunities, and facilitate the creation of a shared experience vision
- Creates innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges, including mobile, desktop, hardware interfaces, physical environments, and person-to-person interactions
- Champion Service Design and Design Thinking across the organization, educating, influencing and guiding stakeholders and partners, driving a user-first mentality and a design thinking methodology into everything you do
- Own and lead all UX and service design activities for the team, ensuring that the appropriate processes, methods and stakeholders are engaged to generate quality outcomes for customers and the business
- Ensure that activities and team members are supported when it comes to conducting Service Design activities to gather insights, map journeys, ideate and prototype product solutions
- Advocates for design solutions, highlighting inputs that influenced the decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings
- Develops high level, detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Delivers work that’s not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results
- Quickly iterates on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details
- Executes quantitative and qualitative research methods, synthesis to deeply understand customer/user behavior, pain points, and desires, driving visibility and integration of outcomes to inform solution design
- Able to confidently facilitate and lead workshops with both designers and product partners to create a shared understanding of the problem space, the users, and the end-to-end journey
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships within a diverse partner community, manage their expectations and consider multiple perspectives in the definition of solutions
- Presents design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
Additional job description
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated skill to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. Adjusting to new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes, acting as a recognized expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- Skilled in mediating between people to mend relationships, communicate with stakeholders at all levels, manage stakeholder expectations and moderate discussions about risk and complexity, even within constrained timescales. An advocate that can speak on behalf of and represent the target customer(s), along with required business acumen and sensibility.
- Excellent at collaborating in a group, actively networking with others. Able to adapt to feedback to ensure it is effective and lasting, while proactively identifying problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectifying them through strong routines to monitor.
- Expert skill in designing systems for use across multiple services through evidence and context-based, human-centered design and can identify the simplest and most effective of a variety of approaches.
- Highly skillful executing strategy for the whole organization, marrying business needs with innovative analysis and customer focus. Ability to make and justify decisions characterized by high levels of risk, impact and complexity by building consensus between highly diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to solve and unblock issues between teams or departments at the highest level, understanding the psychology of a team and have proficient mediation skills. Able to facilitate and coach stakeholders on team dynamics and conflict resolution.
- Ability to make and justify decisions characterized by high levels of risk, impact, and complexity. Able to build consensus between highly diverse stakeholders, guiding others in applying risk reviews and decisioning in proportion to the risk in question.
- Expert skill in the use a variety of prototyping methods, from low to high fidelity, while sharing best practices and coaching others.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting the needs of customers and users across a variety of channels, bringing insight and expertise in customer and user needs and expectations to ensure they’re met by the business. You can apply strategic thinking to provide the best service for the customer.
- Ability to work with and challenge senior stakeholders, prioritizing and mitigating constraints to turn them into an advantage, adapting approach as required.
- Ability to work both remotely and in a local GM Financial Office (Hybrid environment)
- Multi-lingual required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, service designer, or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in bachelor’s degree in a Design related field
- Proven experience managing, leading, mentoring and coordinating multifunctional and/or multicultural teams or individuals
- Proven experience designing products for mobile and desktop
- Proven experience with a variety of relevant design and prototyping tools
- Experience of leading multiple teams across a range of large-scale projects would be beneficial
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency facilitating user empathy-based customer research, service prototyping and usability testing
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency to interpret, investigate, and utilize quantitative and qualitative customer and operational data to drive positive change
- Journey mapping, service blueprinting, persona development, and interaction design proficiency with relevant tools
Our Competency Model defines the behaviors, or competencies, required for GM Financial employees to be successful in their current and future roles.
- Customer Centric
Apply for Job
Transport and mobility
More jobs at General Motors
We haven't found any other jobs at General Motors.
More jobs in Switzerland
Product and Service Design Manager
Customer Experience & Service Designer
Helsana Insurance Company
Specialist Service Design (f/m/d)
Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career
We’ll use your email to send you updates about the report and other helpful service design topics. We hate spam just as much as you do, so we’ll never share your email. Unsubscribe anytime.