As a service designer, you will be part of a service design team that works to explore, test and create proposals for how businesses can be adapted to the individual instead of the individual having to adapt to the businesses.
As a service designer, you will participate in and lead various development projects where resident, patient and employee services are developed together with both users and employees. You will have close collaboration with the UX design team, functional managers and digitization strategists.
The work as a service designer includes:
- Develop existing services and working methods.
- Develop concepts for new services and ways of working.
- Facilitate, drive and lead the design process using various methods and tools.
- Involve patients, relatives, employees and surrounding systems in the development work.
- Using a holistic approach where both details and the whole are designed so that all involved parties can interact with each other in a value-creating way.
- Test! To continuously create and test hypotheses and change proposals together with patients, relatives and employees throughout the development work.
- Inform, educate and train the company’s employees in using design as a method.
What can we offer you?
In the position as a service designer, you will, together with your colleagues, participate in building a central design function for the new Project and Development department and work to introduce user-centered working methods within the Digitalization Group Staff. You will be involved in designing services that make it easier for employees as well as patients and citizens within the Västra Götaland region.
We know that good design is created together, which is why we often solve assignments together as a team. You will get to be part of building a team of service designers. You also work closely with the unit’s UX design team.
To be successful in the role, you need:
We are looking for an experienced service designer, familiar with and preferably experienced in public activities. However, we attach more importance to your individual characteristics and driving forces than formal qualifications. To succeed in this role, we believe that you have an education in design or the equivalent at university level, at least a bachelor’s degree. You have several years of experience working as a service designer in various fields.
We see that it is meritorious if you have:
- Experience in designing and leading co-creative design processes.
- Experience from insight work, research, problem formulation, idea generation, leading design workshops and is used to switching between working in teams and independently.
- Experience of working with transforming organizations towards a more design-driven perspective and way of working.
- Experience from having worked in the public sector or digitization.
- Experience of working in projects or organizations with a high complexity
- Worked in interprofessional teams.
Who are you?
- You are comfortable leading work and including others through an educational and empathetic way of working.
- You are confident, driven, without prestige and have an innovative capacity for new thinking and an open, norm-critical approach.
- You enjoy collaborating with others, while being able to work independently with your tasks.
- You share your knowledge and want to help others succeed.
- In a large organization it can be slow, so you need some patience but also drive and courage to influence so that together we can do things faster and better.
It is important to us that you can work based on our values:
- Together we make each other successful.
- We listen in. We listen.
- Feedback contributes to our development.
More jobs at Västra Götalandsregionen
We haven't found any other jobs at Västra Götalandsregionen.
More jobs in Sweden
Vattenfall Eldistribution AB
Senior UX/Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career