Service Designer (Lead/Senior Lead)
Singapore Economic Development Board EDB
Service Designer (Customer Experience)
Apply now Work type: Permanent, Full-time, Permanent
Categories: Marketing and Facilitation
The Customer Experience (“CX”) team is part of the Customer Experience & Marketing and Investment Facilitation division of EDB and is tasked with providing research and design support for the organisation. The team’s goal is to create better experiences for our corporate investors across all our services, and internal officers.
The CX team is looking to hire a Service Designer (“the officer”). The officer’s responsibilities will involve working across various internal stakeholders to design services for our corporate investors and partners in order to improve the overall investor experience. The officer will scope and carry out research on companies and their needs when considering expanding operations in Singapore. This will involve collaborating with EDB’s Strategy groups and client-facing teams in order to map out target customers’ needs and investment journeys, with the goal of defining targeted segment strategies.
For defined target segment strategies, the officer will also support the design and conceptualisation of investor-facing services to address gaps in the investment journey mapped from studies. These services will span both online and offline interactions, thus requiring the officer to have prior experience in multiple applications of design (e.g. Systems design, Interaction design, Communication design, and Spatial design). You will work with a multidisciplinary team of business and technical functions to implement these services.
Key responsibilities will include:
Customer research studies
- Lead the development of research briefs and project timelines for customer research studies. This would include facilitating scoping workshops with business stakeholders.
- Select the relevant research methodology based on business stakeholder’s defined problem statements. This could range from quantitative surveys to generative user research
- Develop and conduct customer research based on defined research scope.
- Design and facilitate research synthesis sessions
- Partner closely with both internal and external stakeholders to run design sprints and workshops for new service or product conceptualisation
- Define the service strategy and develop the relevant collaterals to facilitate organisational adoption and buy-in
- Conduct stakeholder mapping analysis to identify key groups required for development and eventual implementation of service or product
- Develop wireframes and prototypes of different levels of fidelity for testing of new service or product concepts
- Provide design inputs when necessary during implementation of new service or product to ensure that customers’ needs are met
- Plan and execute concept testing sessions with customers for early prototyping
- Translate user needs into service journey goals, opportunities, experiences and measures of success
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have:
- Relevant Degree in Design/Industrial Design/Psychology/Communications/Human Computer Interaction
- At least 3-5 years in relevant Service Designer or Design roles in a consultancy or similar fields
- Familiarity on Design Research principles and methodologies applicable across broad categories of business problems
- Expertise in design thinking and human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge across several service design disciplines such as Systems Design, Spatial Design, Interaction Design or Communication Design
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders’ and their varying expectations
- Strong ability to quickly synthesise insights based on common themes or patterns in customer behaviours
- Strong facilitation skills with prior experience in user interviews, conceptualization, ideation, and iterative prototyping
- Ability to distil research data into insights and define a clear service design strategy in order to communicate effectively across various stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to leverage digital tools to ensure consistent tracking
- Is patient and empathetic, yet able to read between the lines; going beyond surface level statements made by the customer in interviews
- High sense of responsibility and ownership in problem-solving
- Strong team player and is able to navigate ambiguity
- Native proficiency in English and 1 other language a plus
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
More jobs at Singapore Economic Development Board EDB
We haven't found any other jobs at Singapore Economic Development Board EDB.
More jobs in Singapore
Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career