Forget the fleeting visits of consultants - what would the role of an in-house service designer in Finland's most popular online store sound like? You get versatile coverage from completely new projects to improving existing ones. If you are looking for a place where you can develop and work long-term, this job offers you exactly that!
In a nutshell: Your role as a Service Designer at Verkkis
You mainly work in a team whose responsibility is the development of value-added services. As a service designer, you help develop new business and a multi-channel transaction experience. In this versatile and wide-ranging role, you will be able to work across the spectrum of the entire service life cycle, including:
- Researching, identifying and understanding customer needs and turning them into new business opportunities
- Productization and commercialization of new services together with partners, purchasing organization, marketing and other internal stakeholders
- Further development of existing services
You are part of an IT organization, but you work closely with many internal stakeholders. Six UX design professionals work at Verkkis, with whom you can regularly spar with peers and get ideas for your design work. Working is mainly possible remotely if you wish, and all our meetings are also conducted using remote tools. However, you should occasionally have the opportunity to participate in joint meetings or workshops at our office in Jätkäsaari. You can read more about Verkkis' IT work: https://meilletoihin.verkkokauppa.com/it-roolit/
Would the role of Service Designer suit you?
The role of Verkkis service designer may be for you, if you already have versatile service design knowledge and experience. You will have the honor of working as Verkkis' first service designer, so you will be able to use your vision and skills to build the role and processes of service design into a functional one. You self-directedly organize and solve even large entities. You involve and motivate internal stakeholders to achieve common goals. You want to constantly learn and develop as a designer. In addition to this, we would guess that the following areas can be found in your palette of skills:
- Knowledge of service design tools, such as description of customer paths, service blueprint, design sprint, concept design, customer testing
- Planning and facilitating workshops
- User research
- Strong cooperation and communication skills
In addition, we value:
- Previous experience in developing online stores
However, you are the best to judge whether the role of Service Designer would be for you, because in our eyes, during the first 6 months, you have been successful when:
- You have outlined several customer paths, through which you have increased the team's understanding of the customer's perspective, how the customer finds the service and how to get the customer to come back again.
- You have gotten inside the processes of Verkkis' design work, and you actively bring up potential development targets.
More jobs at Verkkokauppa.com
We haven't found any other jobs at Verkkokauppa.com.
More jobs in Finland
Senior Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career