WSP in Canada
WSP works in partnership with institutions, governments, companies, architects… its professionals offer them integrated solutions available in a wide range of specialties. The food service discipline of WSP located in Quebec and Montreal, has more than 50 years of experience and is at the heart of the building team. It specializes in the development and management of food services, as well as in consulting engineering for food processing.
Why choose WSP?
- We value a culture of inclusion and belonging and are committed to preserving it.
- Our flexible work policy – We recognize the importance of balancing our professional and private lives and encourage you to find yours. We support you at work and outside so that you can be fully present at work and at home.
- Hybrid working – a combination of in-person and remote working, also allows us to think about how we work and who we need to collaborate with to determine where the work needs to be done.
- WSP is a Canadian success story – We’re proud to wear the red and white of our great country and show the world all that Canada has to offer.
- WSP is about choosing to make the world around us better , including the environment, road infrastructure, buildings and land development. WSP shapes our country.
- Excellent career prospects – We are growing and, every day, we strive to surpass ourselves . We are open to your ideas and want to try new things.
- WSP is about embracing a culture of exceptional collaboration with colleagues who stand out both for their skills and for the humility they bring to their important work. Come meet our fantastic team!
We offer our employees competitive salaries, an exceptional company culture and comprehensive employee-focused benefits, including an online health and wellness platform, as well as attractive savings programs and a clear vision. for the future.
- Under the Foodservice Discipline Team Leader, the Foodservice Designer will be responsible for participating in or performing the following activities:
- Assist the team leader in the management of department operations;
- Identify the needs relating to the processing and food service operations of our customers and propose solutions;
- Make the plan of the general layout of the equipment of the situation;
- Develop conceptual sketches of kitchen layout and processing plant;
- Develop preliminary plans with the selected concept;
- Estimate the number of mechanical and electrical connections for the project;
- Produce models and final plans for submission and construction including:
- the general layout of the equipment;
- table of mechanical and electrical requirements;
- the location of mechanical and electrical connection points
- equipment modeling;
- Write technical specifications for the equipment of the installations;
- Estimate the budget costs of projects;
- Coordinate work with the client and other project professionals;
- Coordinate the realization of the project with the contractors;
- Write site visit reports.
- As part of this job you will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of environments: health, school, college, university, leisure space (eg casino), cultural space (eg theater), convention center, hotel, catering, sports complex, commerce, detention center and industry.
What sets you apart…
- DEC or BAC in design / management of food services or License / Master in Hospitality-Restaurants. Equivalent experience will be recognized.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in food service design and/or experience in food production, distribution.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word);
- Available for short-term trips within Quebec;
- Good communication (oral and written), autonomous, likes to work in a team;
- Fluency in French both orally and in writing;
- Fluency in English both orally and in writing (Asset)
More jobs at WSP in Canada
We haven't found any other jobs at WSP in Canada.
More jobs in Canada
Senior Service Designer
BC Public Service
Senior Service Designer
University of Alberta
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career