Synergy Loft Inc.
A Service Designer guides the UX and employee experience of products and services across the service journey. A Service Designer facilitates cross-functional teams integrating business objectives into the design process, and will link service performance metrics to digital capabilities, identify user needs and priorities, and recommend solutions to improve outcomes. A Service Designer also consider the impact of digital innovation in other areas of the business, including alternate delivery channels, staffing, operations, and policy.
Applies human-centered design and systems thinking to understanding and improving the end-to-end service experience.
- Facilitates, coaches, or trains cross-functional agile delivery teams and others on the integration of human-centered design methods into work generally.
- Works collaboratively.
- Focuses on achieving outcomes such as measurable improvements to UX, employee experience, costs savings, or red tape reduction.
- Analyzes UX experience and employee experience across channels (mobile, web, social media, phone, face-to-face, print, mail, etc.) and identifies gaps, opportunities, and solutions.
- Leads on service design deliverables such as user research, co-design workshops, prototype design and testing, journey map and service blueprint development, process mapping, service prototyping, usability testing, and service performance analysis and reporting.
- Ensures projects move forward at pace, synchronized to an agile delivery approach.
- Translates from big-picture overall view of the end-to-end service journey to specific needs, opportunities, solutions, and metrics.
- Helps teams integrate specific design and development work into overall service experience and measure results.
- Leads, plans, and determines logistics for behavioral field research and co-design workshops to understand user and business needs, goals, priorities and opportunities.
- Establishes shared ownership of solutions, aligns interests, and eases change by working alongside program teams from executives to front-line staff in the co-design and co-delivery of new processes and policy.
- Plans and implements integration of the new solution with current service operations, including areas such as impacts and migration for service delivery, policy innovation, change management and organizational culture.
- Other responsibilities as required or requested.
- Experience using human-centered design approach (UX, customer experience, service design, interaction design, etc.).
- Experience planning, conducting and analyzing behavioral/ethnographic field research to understand user, employee, and government needs and goals.
- Experience analyzing research data and presenting findings in diverse ways.
- Experience with prototypes in different media across digital and physical channels.
- Experience moving through projects shifting focus from small details to understanding the whole system and the relationship between them.
- Experience using advanced oral and verbal communication skills with staff at all levels of an organization to address the value of service design.
- Experience creating journey maps and service blueprints or other visual representations of user needs.
- Experience facilitating and leading co-design workshops
- University degree in design, psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, library science or four (4) years of experience as a Service Designer.
- Experience working with digital services (services including a significant digital component; may include other channels).
- Experience facilitating, coaching and mentoring small and cross-functional teams in service design.
- Experience creating service metrics and measures.
- Experience working with organizational change for service implementation (policy, staffing, etc.).
- Experience leading small and cross-functional teams to enable delivery of services.
- Experience working in the public sector.
- Experience working with large organizations.
More jobs at Synergy Loft Inc.
We haven't found any other jobs at Synergy Loft Inc..
More jobs in Canada
Senior Service Designer
BC Public Service
Senior Service Designer
University of Alberta
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career