Senior Service Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Service Designer to join our Client Experience team.
This role can be mostly remote, however we will on occasion require you to come onsite to our office at 151 Yonge St, Toronto, ON.
Reporting to the Director, Service Design, the Senior Service Designer is responsible for understanding user needs and mapping end-to-end journeys. You have a track record of making tangible and measurable improvements to experiences through human-centered design. You can rally peers and business leads around customer pain points and service gaps, and work with other designers and across the organization to iterate and test future state experiences.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Plan, perform, and analyze generative research to understand current state experiences: recruit participants, create research plans, facilitate sessions, analyze and triangulate data, and form actionable insights
- Create and use design artifacts such as personas, ecosystem maps, summary videos, experience maps, and service blueprints to build empathy and momentum to improve current state experiences
- Lead the end-to-end double-diamond design thinking process with a cross-functional group of designers and other stakeholders, striving for equal input and group consensus throughout
- Provide mentorship and coaching to other members within Service Design and the wider Client Experience team
- Be a role model within the Client Experience team in increasing customer centricity and design maturity across the organization
- Contribute to ongoing service design operations, such as maintaining a digital research repository, updating participant panels, creating templates, reviewing tools, and tracking incentives.
- Work alongside Digital Experience, Talent, Marketing, Product Owners and the various Lines of Businesses to deliver first-class experiences to our employees and our customers
- Provide research and design subject matter expertise to other internal departments as required
Your experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology or related area. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a Service Design, User Research, Design Strategy, or similar field
- Advanced proficiency of a user-centered design process, design thinking, and service design
Expert skills in both fundamental and advanced service design methods such as problem definition, vision-framing, co-design sprints, and service prototyping
- Proficient with various design and research tools (e.g. Dovetail, Loop11, Optimal Workshop, Figma, Miro, Murale, UserTesting, Lookback, Dscout, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Track record of discovering, synthesizing and socializing actionable insights that have influenced business decisions and product roadmaps
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong storytelling, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Comfortable working in a complex and dynamic organization, both individually and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- An online portfolio or .PDF of previous and current work demonstrating various successful projects
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
- Experience in the financial or wealth management industry is a plus
More jobs in Canada
Senior Service Designer
BC Public Service
Senior Service Designer
University of Alberta
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career