Principal Service Designer
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Here at NAB, we value design and we ensure that design is at the forefront of our decision making process. Our design ambition is simple - design and launch experiences that inform, empower and delight customers and colleagues, creating lasting value for customers and for our business.
- Development and career path opportunities to take your experience to the next level
- Be part of a design team and which has a supportive, engaged and collaborative culture with great leaders who inspire and energise their teams
- Influence customer led solutions and deliver impactful design
- Uplift design maturity across the entire enterprise; become be part of this amazing change!
About the role
Join one of Australia’s largest design teams as a Principal Service Designer led by our new Chief Design Officer.
We, the nab.design team, are looking for an amazing Principal Service Designer to make a difference to millions of our customers who connect with us daily. We do this by instilling the following Design Values:
- Respect and trust one another to deliver
- Seek to collaborate
- Take ownership and be accountable
- Maintain a learner's mindset
- Create quality work consistently
The role has the responsibility of designing the end-to-end journey of a service and applying human-centred design (HCD) techniques to create best in class, usable and inclusive designs for products, services and features to achieve NABs strategic ambition of improving our customer and banker experience.
You will design and launch experiences that empower, inform and delight customers and colleagues; creating lasting value for customers and for our business.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as Service Designer or CX Designer.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and successfully work with multiple disciplines and complex teams and demonstrate the value of design.
- Exceptional service design skills that utilise a variety of research methods and provides clear pathways forward.
- Thorough expert analysis and synthesis skills - translates research insights into design solutions and provide strong rationale for the design decisions made.
- Demonstrated ability to create artefacts such as insights and recommendations papers, customer journey maps, service blueprints, and personas / archetypes.
- Advocate for the user and ensures user needs are well addressed in the solution design.
- Demonstrates inspiring customer experience expertise to stakeholders and squad members.
- Eloquently and confidently presents their research findings and solution ideas to senior stakeholders and leadership teams.
- Masterfully facilitates workshops utilising a broad suite of facilitation and research methods.
- Actively participates in designer forums working tirelessly to improving design maturity and champion design across the organisation.
- Takes the time to mentor other designers.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Mindset - Deep understanding of human-centred design (HCD), applying customer-centric and design thinking to create outstanding customer and banker experiences; have a growth mindset striving for personal and organisational growth.
- Coaching and mentoring - Experience in coaching and mentoring others designers working in your squad/domain.
- Design Strategy - Highly experience in strategic design including identifying and evaluating value proposition, brand proposition, and conducting customer segment analysis.
- Journey Mapping and Service Blueprints - Highly experienced in setting the approach and creating stakeholder, empathy, and journey mapping, ecosystem mapping, developing service blueprints and creating personas and archetypes.
- Research and Testing - Create plans and perform a variety of research techniques including desktop research such as landscape and competitive analysis, literature reviews, benchmarking, and analytics; quantitative research such as contextual inquiry and qualitative research such as interviews and testing.
- Workshops and Co-design - Plan and run workshops, and co-design sessions to obtain desired outcomes and key actions.
- Prototyping and Storyboards - Highly competent in conceptual prototyping and creating story boards.
- Design Documentation - Strong experience in creating design specifications including problem definition and design proposals.
- Accessibility - Strong experience applying accessibility guidelines to create inclusive design.
- Collaboration - Lead and collaborate closely with a cross functional team of Designers, Product Owners, Technical Analysts, Engineers/Developers, and other experts across the business to define cohesive, accessible, attractive design standards, interaction patterns, and styles across our entire suite of products.
- Communication - Strong engagement and communication between technical and business stakeholders, building rapport and maintaining stakeholder relationships, communicating confidently, and presenting in a clear, concise and articulate manner to all stakeholders.
More jobs in Australia
Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career