The Service Designer identifies, articulates, and communicates end-to-end library service experiences by creating service blueprints, journey maps, scenarios and specifications and other communication and visualisation approaches. The Service Designer translates the library’s business objectives into service design outcomes, including recommendations for change. The role works collegially with the Experience Design team to drive the discovery process and design human-centred library services and experiences. It will establish methodologies to identify and prioritise service problems and lead and facilitate service change initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, leading and actively promoting library service changes and understand and communicate the reasons for the changes
- Drawing on a diverse range of people, groups and resources to identify new or improved opportunities and ways of doing things to enhance library services
- Distilling the core issues from complex information, drawing accurate conclusions, and condensing complex information and next steps into simple concise terms that others can understand
- Using knowledge of innovation principles to analyse current processes and practices
- Investigating and probing for the facts and identifying relevant solutions and selecting the most appropriate from the range of alternatives
- Challenging existing library service design by formulating creative and inclusive alternative solutions and benefits
- Planning and prioritising work and critical activities appropriately and recognising barriers to achieving outcomes, finding effective ways to deal with them and evaluating progress
- Communicating with confidence using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to increase understanding and support
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant experience in Service or Experience Design or Business Analysis; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in the Service or Experience Design, Business Analysis disciplines
- Working knowledge of Design Thinking methodologies
For a copy of the position description, please see the Deakin Careers website.
More jobs at Deakin University
We haven't found any other jobs at Deakin University.
More jobs in Australia
Kmart Australia Limited
Senior Service Designer
Report this Job Listing
We can help you attract the best service design talent and grow your brand. Partner with us.
Don’t miss important updates.
Join our email list to stay updated on new jobs, resources, events, and more to help you with your career